Capitol View Credit Union works with Iowa Student Loan to offer supplemental private loans to help you pay for college as well as refinance existing student loan debt. As an Iowa non-profit and the state’s student loan experts, Iowa Student Loan offers competitively priced loans.*
- The Partnership Advance Education Loan (Partnership Loan) and College Family Loan were created to help you pay college costs while you are or your student is in school.
- The Partnership Loan is for students and their cosigners.
- The College Family Loan is for parents, family members and others who wish to borrow on behalf of a student.
- The Reset Refinance Loan (Reset Loan) can help you simplify repayment or pay lower interest costs on existing student loans after college.
With these loans, you know what you’re getting before you apply as all terms and conditions, including credit score requirements for specific rates, are provided upfront. In addition, there are no upfront origination fees and you can earn an interest rate reduction for making payments by auto-debit in repayment. Note: These loans are subject to credit approval.
Tools and Tips to Help Minimize Borrowing
Take advantage of Iowa Student Loan’s smart borrowing resources.
- Avoid over borrowing
- Explore jobs and potential earnings for graduates of specific majors
- Estimate total college costs for four years of undergraduate students
- Complete the FAFSA first. The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Work with our college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.
Additional College Planning Assistance
If you are looking for information on planning for, applying to, paying for and succeeding in college, Capitol View Credit Union recommends the Iowa College Access Network® (ICAN). ICAN offers free services, including assistance with completing the FAFSA, to students and their families. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org or call (877) 272-4692 for more information about ICAN.
*Capitol View Credit Union is compensated by Iowa Student Loan for the referral of Partnership Loan customers.