Applicants MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP at Capitol View Credit Union
Apply Online Here or contact 800-542-6005 with questions.
Capitol View Credit Union’s Private Student Loans feature:
- A 0.25% interest rate reduction when you make auto-debit payments.
- Transparent interest rates. No “as low as” pricing.
- Options to either make interest payments while you’re in school or to defer interest until repayment.
- Cosigner and no-cosigner options.
- Several plans to best fit your financial situation once you do begin repayment.
- The opportunity to release your cosigner(s) from their obligation after you make 48 consecutive on-time payments as long as you meet the underwriting and credit criteria at the time the cosigner release is requested.
Cosigner (Option 1)
|If an available cosigner or you meet the underwriting criteria, you may qualify for a:
|Cosigner (Option 2)||If an available cosigner or you meet the underwriting criteria, you may qualify for a:
|No-Cosigner (Option 3)||The no-cosigner loan is for students with no access to a creditworthy cosigner. This loan option has a:
Cosigner Loan Option
If you or your cosigner(s) meet the underwriting eligibility, you may qualify for a lower interest rate and origination fee by applying for a cosigner loan option (options 1 and 2). A lower interest rate can help you pay less money over the life of the loan.
No-Cosigner Loan Option
If you don’t have a creditworthy cosigner, you may qualify for the no-cosigner loan (option 3). This loan option has a higher interest rate and origination fee than the cosigner options.
Applying for Capitol View Credit Union’s Private Student Loan
Capitol View Credit Union members can apply online for a private student loan. If you are not a member of Capitol View Credit Union, you will need to become a member to qualify for the loan program. The loan servicer, Iowa Student Loan®, will handle the processing and approval of your Capitol View Credit Union Private Student Loan application.
General Guidelines for Capitol View Credit Union’s Private Student Loan
All applicants must:
- Be a member or become a member of Capitol View Credit Union. Note: Once Capitol View Credit Union receives the loan application, applicants have 30 days to finalize membership with the credit union.
- Be of majority age pursuant to applicable law at the time of application or be an emancipated minor.
- Not have defaulted on any private or government education loan.
- Be attending any nonprofit, Title IV eligible, degree-granting, regionally accredited college or university or nonprofit school of nursing.
- Be accepted, enrolled or attending on at least a half-time basis, as defined by the school, and be making satisfactory academic progress in an eligible education program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Cosigner(s) must be citizens of the United States.
Complete the FAFSA First
The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a free form provided by the U.S. Department of Education that may be completed without professional assistance via paper application or online at www.fafsa.gov.
In your award letter from your college, the financial aid office will inform you of your eligibility for federal student loans.
Additional College Planning Assistance
If you are looking for information on planning for, applying to, paying for and succeeding in college, Capitol View Credit Union recommends the Iowa College Access Network® (ICAN). ICAN offers free services, including assistance with completing the FAFSA, to students and their families. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org or call (877) 272-4692 for more information about ICAN.