Want to become a member?
- Verify your membership eligibility. Capitol View is not a public financial institution.
- Complete an online membership application.
- Provide Capitol View with the necessary personal identification information and an initial deposit.
- A copy of your driver's license is required for all members (primary and joint).
- Savings accounts have a minimum balance of $25.
- Checking accounts have a minimum initial deposit of $25, though have no minimum balance.
Switching from another institution?
Transition using the following steps:
- Provide your employeer with your Capitol View account information to switch your direct deposit. Note: State employees should contact Capitol View, 515-725-2167, to setup direct deposit with the State of Iowa.
- Update any automatic payments using our Automatic Payments Change Form. Provide this form to any company or person is automatically withdrawing from your old financial institution's account. Consider any automatic payments you may currently have setup for any of these common services:
- Cell Phones
- Credit Cards
- Loans / Mortgages (Contact us at 515-725-2167 to see what options we can offer you regarding current loans or mortgages. Click here for information on loans at Capitol View Credit Union!)
- Provide your old financial institution with this Authorization to Close Account document.
- Take advantage of all of our online banking services including Home Banking, Online Bill Pay, eStatements, Email Updates, and Mobile Banking! Contact us at 515-725-2167 to get setup for all of these valuable services.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT:
What this means for you:
Congratulations and welcome to Capitol View!