May 12 from 11am-1pm at our branch.
Spring is here, and it is the perfect time to clear out those old documents. On May 12, Capitol View will be offering free, on site shredding services from 11am–1pm at our building, 623 East 12th Street. Members are able to drive up and bring up to 100 pounds of paper to shred. Take some time and review your old documents to reduce clutter and securely destroy paperwork that contains sensitive personal information.
Examples of potentially sensitive materials to shred:
- Old copies of financial statements
- Tax documents over three years old(unless you are at an increased risk of being audited)
- Credit card offers/direct mail
- Convenience checks from credit card companies
- Old pay stubs
- Cancelled checks
- Checkbook duplicates
- Cancelled or expired credit/debit cards