The security of your personal information is a primary goal of Capitol View. That is why we will never ask you for confidential information, like full social security number, full bank account number, full debit or credit card numbers, CVV or PIN in an email or via a web site, online chat or from an unsolicited phone call.
If you receive a suspicious email or phone call requesting confidential information, it is not from Capitol View.
Suspicious emails/texts/SMS messages can be forwarded to email@example.com. Please report suspicious unsolicited phone calls by calling us directly at 515-348-8350. We are happy to help answer any questions that you may have and appreciate your partnership as we take more steps to protect you and your financial accounts. You can reduce the risk of falling victim to fraudulent phone calls and text messages by following these steps:
- Be aware – legitimate businesses do not make unsolicited calls for personal, sensitive information. If you receive an unsolicited call asking this, it is probably a scam.
- Don’t give in to pressure – Many times the caller will pressure or try and scare you into giving your personal information. If so, simply hang up.
- Don’t answer phone calls from unknown numbers. Valid callers will leave a message.
- Don’t respond to unverified SMS text asking you to call your financial institution. Text messages from Capitol View never contain hyperlinks or requests for confidential information.
- Stay calm – These callers are masters at emotional string pulling. When in doubt, hang up. Please notify Capitol View if you suspect that someone has impersonated a credit union representative. We are happy to assist you. Please keep our customer service number in your mobile phone for fast access. The number is 515-348-8350.
- Be skeptical – Caller ID can be faked. Hanging up is your best defense.
- Never share a One-Time-Password (OTP) with anyone. OTPs are generated to verify your identity and criminals are anxious to obtain them by asking you to read OTPs to them over the phone or via text.
- Use Account Alerts – Capitol View offers complimentary account security alerts. You may create alerts at any time by logging into a secure online banking session and accessing Account Alerts under the Accounts tab.
- Review Account Activity – Carefully review your statements regularly and contact us if you notice any unauthorized activity.